Friday, October 1, 2010

Hope for Cats - Candy Jars

I can't believe it is already October. Halloween is around the corner. I am working on some candy jars to help raise money for a non-kill animal shelter to pay for feed, liter, spray, neuter, and medical expenses. The charity organization is called Hope for Cats. These are what I have made for the past week.

Work has been hectic since we are short-staffed. One of the front office employee had to take personal leave for awhile. We don't know if he will be back or not. We just hired a part-time temporary to help out as she is attending the nursing program to get her RN certification until May 2011, so hopefully things will be back to normal for me to catch up on the accounting end of things.

This first jar is to celebrate Halloween. I don't celebrate Halloween, but I love all the cute children costumes. The images are from CC Designs for the little dragon, not dinosaur as there are wings. The pumpkin is from GinaK Designs and the little spider is from Craft Lounge. I don't remember the names of the set. The top of the jar is a kitty image from Stampendous.

This second jar on the left is for the University of Arizona fans. I don't know much about the Wildcats since I went to college in California, but Kris from Hope for Cats asked me to make one since there are quite a bit of U of A fans in the Phoenix area.


I am submitting my work for the following Challenges:
Stamp Something - Something to Celebrate (applies to the Halloween jar)
The Crazy Challenge - No Ribbons or Buttons (applies to the Halloween jar)

8 comments:

Ellie said...

What a fabulous idea to help raise money for the animal shelter. I love how you decorated the jars. Super cute!!
Thank you so much for joining us this week at stamp something!

Danielle Champagne said...

Such a good idea for a fund raiser. I'D love to receive one of your decorated jars, full of jam or other goodies! The image of the little kid is darling, and wonderfully colored. Perfect for our change of season theme.Thank you for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge and hope to see you again soon.
Hugs,
Danielle

Annette said...

OMGosh what wonderful creations! Love those stamps - too cute! Thanks for joining us at SSC this week.

Christine aka blankiefinder said...

These are fantastic, I just love your halloween jar! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

Skraptacular Designs said...

Fabulous card! Don't you just love all the colors of fall? It's my absolute favorite time of the year!

Thanks for playing along with us for our Stamptacular Season's Change Challenge! Hope you'll join us again soon for some more challenge fun!

Hugs,
Priscilla

Skraptacular Designs said...

Fabulous JAR! I just love seeing all the cool projects people make using their creativity! It's so inspirational!

Thanks for playing along with us for our Stamptacular Season's Change Challenge! Hope you'll join us again soon for some more challenge fun!

Hugs,
Priscilla

elsi67 said...

Cute jars. Thanks for playing with us at Wild Orchid Crafts ♥

Shana said...

This is gorgeous! Good luck with your fundraiser. Thank you for joining us at Paper Sundaes - we hope to see you again next week!