Sunday, June 13, 2010

Wish BIG

Sunday is almost over and the start of another work week. Where did this week went? I had some really YUMMY crawfish and super jumbo shrimp this weekend, shipped over from Louisiana called Fisherman's Cove. The seafood is very fresh and the price for the crawfish was only $2.19/lb. My family usually do this a few times a year. This is the best time to get crawfish for a low price because last time we got crawfish at the end of March, it was around $3/lb.
I made some time this weekend again to play along in some of the challenges these week. I really need to motivate myself to play along in weekly challenges. I need to do my Father's Day card this week. I am such a procrastinator, can't change old habits. Now for the card, my thought process is always to look for a sketch to work with then my colors and images. This week's sketch is from Papertake Weekly sketch #42 . I stamped and colored this image for quiet some time now, just haven't put it together. I have tons of scraps I needed to use up. This stamp is Penny Black. I love those Penny Black critters, they are just darn ADORABLE. The sentiment is from Stamping Bella. I colored this image with my prisma color pencils and OMS (odorless mineral spirits) which can be found at Michaels and your local hardware store. I colored the background with my copic markers in B0000. I distressed the around the edges of the cardstocks/patterned papers with Tim Holtz tea dye distress ink. The used liquid applique (white) on the cupcake. I used my embossing heat gun to heat up the liquid applique rather than waiting for it to dry. The applied crystal glaze to the candle wax and orange and yellow stickles to the flame of the candle. I also added coaco (coffee) bits on the gound. I purchased it at my local scrapbook store when it went on sale. The card smells like coffee now. I haven't used any brads or light blue drew drops (found a huge pack @ Michaels last yr). I love this pink, blue, and brown color combo as it can be a male or female birthday card.
Challenges:
Simon Says Stamp: Recipe - 1 image, 2 patterned paper, 3 types of embellishments
Thanks for visiting my blog, have a wonderful week.
Card Deeds:
Stamps: Penny Black; sentiment: Stamping Bella
Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black, Colorbox Ice Blue Chalk ink, Tim Holtz Tea Dye distress ink, copic marker
Paper: Gina K luxury ivory cs, DCWV espresso cs, DCWV sweet treats dp, Basic Grey sultry dp, unknow light blue cs
Accessories: brad, nestibilities label die, liquid applique, stickles, crystal glaze, drew drops

2 comments:

Jill said...

gorgeous card Ying, I love the PB image thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

Scrappy Mel said...

The liquid applique is a great little little touch to the cupcake.
Sweet card!