Friday, July 2, 2010

Have a Special Day

I am so please with myself that I am making time to be in my crafting room this week. I am starting my weekend early, every Friday is my day off, but that is the day to do doctor appts, run errands, and etc that I am unable to do during Monday - Thursday. There are tons of birthdays (friends and families) coming up. I made this for my nephew who is turning 13 the end of July. Hmm, maybe this this card is too childish for him since he is a teen now and loves video games, computer games, and sports. I have younger nephews, maybe I will give this card to them instead of my 13 yr old nephew.

I was able to play along with a few challenges this week. The sketch is from Sketch Saturday. This stamp is from High Hopes. I have to admit, this is the first card I made with High Hopes. I have always adore their stamps for years ago, but just recently started to purchase them because shipping took forever back then since they decided to just sell to retailers, so I got them from Stamp and Create, they got some really great stamps and embellishments. The paper I used is Basic Grey, Max and Whiskers. I love the masculine colors and I loves animals, so this is a win/win paper for me. I put some crystal lacquer ona few of the water drops. Off course I used my copic markers to color this image. I really need to get more copics for my collection, but I feel like I am neglecting all my other coloring mediums like my coloring pencils and watercoloring.
Thanks for stopping by, have a wonderful 4th of the July. Be safe.
Challenges:
Sketch Saturday: Sketch 109
High Hopes: Challenge 82: Super Star
Paper sundaes: Challenge 24: Happy Birthday
Simon Says: Check it out!
A Spoonfull of Sugar: Challenge 110: Animal Crackers
Stamp with Fun: Challenge 65: Birthdays
Card Deeds:
Stamps: High Hopes, Hero Arts star and sentiment
Papers: PTI, DCWV, Basic Grey Max and Whiskers
Inks: Momento Tuxedo Black, Adirondack Espresso, Copic markers
Embellishments: star punch, star buttons, crystal lacquer, floss threads, inkssential white opaque pen

5 comments:

Christine said...

Your card is so adorable. I love that stamp and I love the design of your card. Thanks so such much for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog.
xoxo, Christine

Alica said...

Adorable! Love your coloring and the papers you used!
I'm always having a hard time with DP for boy/man cards - so yours is a great inspiration!
Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

Shana said...

What an amazing card! I love the colours and your layout. Thank you for joining us at Paper Sundaes - we hope to see you again next week!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

I love this card!! Cute star buttons!!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous.
luv
Debby