Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Playing Again!


I was actively playing with my stamps yesterday. I think I spent the entire day making these two cards. I have been wanting to try the pull-up pop-up card technique tutorial, shown by the talented and famous Jennifer McGuire in the Hero Club Blog. I just got to try it. I did it with my new Magnolia stamps I received at the end of June. I was so EXCITED to receive my new Magnolia stamps that I shown it to my DH and telling him how CUTE and ADORABLE they are. My DH wanted to cut the rubber because the stamp images are in a whole sheet. Off course I won't let DH cut the rubber because I will be very sad if anything happens to my Magnolia stamps. I decided to let him stamp the images on white cardstock for my file. This is just one of the first stamps I received. I signed up for the Magnolia's Stamp club which they will sent out 4 times a year (about $50 per quarter). I already colored (prismacolor pencils and baby oil) this Tilda last month, but didn't do anything else with it until now.

Like I said, I have been trying to use up all of my scraps as much as possible before going for a new piece of paper, so the color combo is the same for both of these cards. I actually did the SCS New Technique challenge first before doing the pull-up pop-up card. This was yesterday's new technique (LSC179 - Blintz Base). I have to say that I didn't really like this fold that much. I used Gina K's Just So Hippy stamp set. Love this set, but haven't play with it much. I finally inked up the hippo stamp. The umbrella and the sentiment is from My Favorite Things (MFT). Love their stamps also, but only has this set for now. This is the first time this set has been inked. This card is just so cute, just love the shorts on the hippo and the faux zig zag lines. I don't know how to sew, so don't have a sewing machine, so I have to do make faux lines with my pens to mimic sewing threads. Maybe one of these days, I will buy a sewing machine and learn how to sew. As of now, I have too much on my plate to take on another hobby.

I have to admit that I have purchased quite a bit of stamps and accessories over this pass year and haven't even inked it up. Shame on me, throwing so much money and not play, but I do have a very good excuse! I better go play... running to my craft area!

No comments: