Sunday, August 24, 2008

TECC30 - Seize the Cupcake


I came back last week from California. I enjoyed my time with my family. I didn't haven't time to play, so I didn't blog for 2 weeks now. This week I was able to play with my stamps. This week's Hero Arts blog challenge is "birthday", so I went out and purchase some Hero Arts stamps including this cupcake set. I started to do Hero Arts birthday challenge when I saw Taylor's weekly sketch challenge. I decided to combine the two challenges together. This is a birthday card done with Taylor's card sketch. I enjoy reading Taylor's blog (Taylored Expressions). This week's sketch is TECC30.

I finally play with my House Mouse stamp. I replaced the flower with the Hero Arts cupcake stamp. I added buttons and stickles on the cupcake. I love how this card turned out.

This is the second Hero Arts "birthday" project I made. The Acetate Treat Box is Monday's SCS new technique challenge, TLC182. I was having some problems with the box measurements. It didn't turn out as good as I would have liked, but this is a nice try. I will definitely do this box again. It was so easy to make, but time consuming to put everything together. The camera shot of this box isn't great. I can't seem to capture all the details like the pearls on the roses and the little blings on the cupcake. This cupcake stamp is from Hero Arts. The dp is SEI and the scalloped edge is from Martha Stewart edge punch.
I made couple more cards which I will show later this week. I purchased those stamps for a while now, but haven't used it. I don't think I like these stamps that much now. I was inspired by the sample cards made by these stamps, but mines didn't turn out as beautiful as the samples. I guess this is what marketing and advertising does...makes people like me buy the product.

3 comments:

Taylor said...

So cute! Love the bright colors you used!

Gina Lindsay said...

I love the box. Very cute!

xiumaiyuki said...

how creative!! love the box. This is my first time here and my, those kitties are adorable!!! I have a weakness when it comes to cats.