Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Sorry, been MIA

I have been too lazy and feeling down to blog for awhile. I'm still alive. I haven't been making any cards or creating anything though I have been buying things. I wish I am a shopaholic, but I am not. I hate to see money go, but I like to spend if I can. Hopefully, I will start to creat some Halloween cards/gifts. Last Saturday 10/4, was World Card Making Day and I didn't make any card. I really need to push myself to create. While on a happier note, I have been reading all the "Confessions of a Shopaholic" books by Sophie Kinsella. There's a couple more of them I need to find and rent from the library. This books are lighthearted and entertaining novels.

Here's an update - my cat, Rusty (now know as Titan) got an allergic reaction 3 weeks ago. We had to sent him to emergency vet hospital as he was vomitting blood as well as bloody diarrhea. Doctor doesn't know what was wrong with him as cats can't speak for themselves, but they think it was an allergic reaction... maybe something he ate which he shouldn't have, like plant or bug/insects. Anyways, it started the night before as I heard vomitting in my bedroom when we were sleeping. All the vomit was underneath the bed which I didn't see at first. There was vomit on the kitchen floor and family room. I didn't think anything about it as my cats vomit all the time because of hairball and etc. Anyways, I haven't seen Titan the whole day and didn't realize it until at night when I ask DH, "Where is Rusty (Titan) as I haven't seen him all day". They found him downstairs, in the basement and got him to come up to the family room. He laid near the fireplace for a little while I took some pictures, then he left to the foyer area. He started to vomit and I saw blood in his vomit, thus I called DH and said something is wrong with him. We were going to confirm him for the night to see if he is going to get better, but he went and had diarrhea in the basement bathroom instead of the litter box. This was a sign that he was tell us that something is wrong, thus we took him to emergency vet around midnight. We stayed until they ran all the blood test on him. They said he was dehydrated which we know and that his blood level count was too high. We left Titan for overnight monitor and to hydrate him. We got home to find a skunk in front of our porch... sleep next to the pond. I was putting dry cat food in front of our porch when I saw the skunk and ran back into the house without giving food to the feral cats.
Titan looked better the next day when we went to pick him up as he no longer had any vomit or diarrhea. No too heavy favor food which meant no cat food or cat treats. We confirmed him for 2 days and then let him out to be with the rest of the cats, but the other cats had to make a sacrifice they cat food and treats for Titan. Lay was obviously annoyed that we didn't give him can food. Well, Titan is alright now.... but Kutsu hasn't been feeling well the last few days. I need to get pet insurance on Kutsu and Titan, they are the weaker two. Anyway, we change Rusty's name to Titan becasue Rusty mean to rusty and broken down which isn't good, thus we change it to Titan, short for Titanium.

We are still doing our weekly Saturday "Hope for Cats" donation and play with the cats. There are so many kitten and cats that needed to be adopted. DH and I was planning to adopt another cat, but with what is going to our cats and in our lives we don't know if we should take on another one.

Yesterday, DH came home and said the grey cat has been ran over. There is a grey cat that comes to eat on our front porch. He is one of the first ones eating in our porch and he has been netured. He had an eye injury/scabies awhile back, he was fine. We went to see if he was still alive. He was in the middle of the road at the main road outside our community. The cat was dead by the time we got to him. The pool of blood was all dry up around his head. We were sad to see him died. DH took it and buried him in our backyard next to the tree and set him off to heaven. He was taken away by the death god. He is in heaven now. His body is rotten away as bugs/insects are feeding on it. It sounds gross, but this is what happens to all bodies when it is not cremated. Both DH and I shred some tears for this cat even though it was a feral, but we did know it. He had such a short life. He will be remembered each time I look through the foyer blinds/window to watch the cats and skunk eat in the porch area. This is also the reason we don't let our cats outside as we don't know what can happen to them. "A house is not a home without a cat."
Sometimes, we loose touch of what is important to us. I know I haven't been appreciating with what I do have with everything that is going on, but the death of a cat put things back to perspective for me and things that are important to me.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Glad you are back. I have missed seeing your cards. Hope your cat is better.