Thursday, January 10, 2008

Card and ATC Swaps

I have finally decided after finishing these 3 card swaps (below) which are due next week that I will not sign up for anymore swaps. When I was doing these cards, I felt I am not doing my best and just trying to hurry up to get it done to meet the deadline. I felt this is unfair for the other swappers to get lousy cards and I felt this isn't really me and my work. I always try to do my best in my projects. I didn't feel this way before when I started swaping, buy lately the swaps are making me feel like it is another thing on my list of "To-Do-Items"and not something I enjoy doing. I am also feeling guilty lately for being so behind on making "Welcome baby" and "Thank You" cards for my family and friends, but rather make these cards, which are on my "To-Do-List" that I must get done. I hate to back out on any swaps that I have signed up for because I have committed myself to do and hate to let others down when I can really do it if I better manage my time. So from today forward until after the tax season, no more new swaps ( I am in some swaps until July 2008). I am not very happy with all the cards and only if you can see it in person, you will see all the mistakes I made. For the swappers that receive my cards/atc, I am sorry for my lousy job.


This card is for a SCS kid theme swap. I have this stamp since last fall, but haven't used it on any card projects. These are Stampendous stamps called "Ollie Pirate" and "Ahooooy There Matey". Lately, I am in love with brown and other color combinations. Embellishments: ribbon which I got from Target for very cheap price (after Christmas sale, 75% off); red button (purchase from Walmart) with DMC thread (from Michaels) thru it and Stampendous red square stickers. The button is suppose to represent the steering wheel of the ship.

The is an Artist Trading Card (ATC) swap I signed up in SCS. The theme is birthday, so what is more appropriate than a birthday cake. I purchased this stamp is a "Stamp for A Cause" (Make a Wish foundation) from Gina K since last fall and haven't play with it. As you can see, the color brown is there. There is actually quite a bit of things that gone into this card: crystal effect abd glitter on the cake; orange stickles on the star of the candle; brown and yellow ribbons; button; and punch out flowers with stickle in the middle of the flower. As you can see, if you don't see it by now or if the picture isn't clear, it is suppose to be a birthday picture hanged on the a wall.
This last card is for another SCS swap, "Fall" theme. As you can see, what better image then this (pumpkins) and there is the color brown again. What can I say, I am in love with brown right now. I got the stamp and fabulous pattern paper from my local stamping store, Stamp Works. This is the place where my stamping addiction started, I stopped by at Stamp Works back in November 2006 to see if I can buy anything for to make some Christmas cards and as you can see, the rest is history. Lots of $$$ has been spent here. The stamp is from Lockhart Stamp Company. I colored the image with Prismacolor pencil and did the Gamsol technique on it. Added ribbons again, stickers, and stamped "Happy Fall" on it. This card was quick to do since I didn't have time, thus this is the result. Not my best work, but it looks ok.


No comments: