Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Penny Black and Whipper Snapper

I have been really busy lately with the year-end book closing, completing quarterly taxes, and wrapping things up for the tax season. I also finish sorting, got extra prints for myself and my parents of my wedding reception/banquet. I haven't been able to create for awhile, but finally, finish two more swaps and how 3 more to go I think and one 6 month commitment swap. The Penny Black (PB) and Whipper Snapper (WS) are just two of my favorite companies.

I have the WS stamp for awhile now and haven't have a chance to play with it. This stamp is called "Leah"and she is just so adorable. I just love how the little girl is holding the cat, just like any child holds a pet. I used the gamsol technique with is to color the image in with prisma color pencils and spread the color pencils with odorless mineral oil (OMO) or baby oil using a stump. The layout is SCS's sketch challenge 159. I added cat paws on the side and decided to add some flowers and ribbon.


I just got this PB stamps a couple of weeks ago. The image and the sentiment is both from PB. I had this idea in my head for awhile, but finally get to execute it. I stamped the image and color with tombow markers. I stamp the image twice, used white liquid applique on the sheep, colored the sheep's face with grey marker and cut it out. Used foam tape to tape the face onto the sheep. I used violet Bazzill paper with designer paper, punch out the circles, corner punch the sentiment and add ribbons to each side of the sentiment. I inked the edges of the purple scallop circle and the sentiment with violet Colorbox ink. The layout is SCS's sketch challenge 156.

No comments: