Monday, January 25, 2010

Blog Challenges

Happy Monday. The blog challenges are great because it gets my creative juicies flowing and to create at least one card per week, It makes me think about what stamp I want to use and who is the receipent for the card I am going to make. I had time yesterday to play, so I made this card to qualified to several blog challenges. I always choose a sketch to do first, then incorporate all the various challengs into the sketch. This is Sketch #87 from the Saturday Sketch blog. This sketch is also get for Challenge #87 from A Spoon Full of Sugar Challenge - Lots of Layering. Lately I have been play with sketchs that has at least 3 layers. I think this card has at least 6 layers.

I just love this stamp from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps, from illustrator Crissy Armstrong called Bird Fairy. Crissy is have a Help for Haiti Blog Candy Give-Away, this giveaway will run till Feburary 6th. Check out Crissy's blog for more information.

The fairy stamp is beautiful and perfect I used for the Cute Card Thursday, Challenge 96, Fairy Fantastic. Since this is a Kraftin' Kimmie stamp, I thought it would be great to play the Kraftin' Kimmie challenge#14 - No Embellishment. I am sure this is a very difficult challenge for everybody including myself as I love adding embellishment, at least a flower, brad, and/or ribbon to all my cards. The card feels naked without at least one embellishment on there.
I stamped it on Neenah white cardstock w/Memento Black Tuxedo ink. I color her w/my copic markers, it took me the whole day because I colored her a couple of times and decided this is the best one, I think. I want to mention that the technique for the ground, I got it from Crissy Amstrong where you use your copics and put dots wherever you want. I thought I will play it save and do the ground for now. Crissy has it where she puts it all over she card, it is just lovely and beautiful. I love playing with my copics and them are so easy to use, just need to understand blending. I still need have a long list of copic markers I need to buy. Lately I am trying to use my H2O Twinkling. I have all the old colors which Luminare was planning to go out of business, but luckily they stay in business. I just love their colors, they have a hint of shimmer in them, that is just beautiful. I need lots of practice with them, I have a hard time do watercoloring blending w/them. I just don't get it, I see a couple of tutorials on them and they make it so easy, but when I do it, it is just plain ugly (LOL). I know, Practice, Practice, Practice!
Have a wonderful weekend and happy stamping.
Card deeds:
Stamps: Kraftin Kimmie Stamp; sentiment: PTI Mega sentiment
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Blue Sky Colorbox pigment ink, Espresso Adirondack dye ink, copic sketch markers
Paper: Brazzi, PTI, BG dp, Neenah white, My Mind's Eye dp
Accessories: Cuttlebug corner folder, rectangle nestabilities, Friskars apron punch
Ying

3 comments:

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

OH YING!! This is absolutely gorgeous! Love what you have done with the Bird Fairy and I love the way she goes outside the frame!!

Miss you!!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Good job on combining all the challenges. This is a pretty combo of patterned paper to go with your fairy image.

Gina Lindsay said...

Very nice card and lovely coloring. I really like the ground work, I may have to try that. Beautiful, even without the embellishments!