Sunday, January 17, 2010

Miss Attitude


I made this card last week, but just didn't have the time to post it. This card is for my niece, Charlottee who just turned 2 on January 2nd. Actually, this stamp reminds
me of her older sister, Audrey, who is Miss Attitude last time I saw her, but I thought this stamp is so darn cute. I am also sure the trouble 2 is hitting, so Miss Charlottee is probably Miss Attitude as well. I am giving this card to her next month when I am visiting them. This stamp is from the Gorjuss Girl (illustrator: Suzanne Woolcott) line from Sugar Nellie stamps. The easel card is currently my favorite style of card. I just love how you can display it on your desk. Another thing I like to do alot on cards is distressing the edges of the papers. I also used the Just Magnolia Challenge Blog, sketch challenge 38 for this card. Another one of my resolution for 2010 is to play along with all these fabulous challenge blogs out there.

I am not much of a gardner, wants to learn, but the plants never survive more than a couple of weeks. My front & backyard are very minimal. I was out in my backyard couple of weeks ago to feed the birds and feral cats and notice that we have sunflowers in our backyard. It just started to bloom, I thought those were weeds at first. I know I didn't plant any sunflower seeds so where did the sunflower come from. I realized that it was from the seeds we feed the outside birds with. There were sunflower seeds in them and obviously the birds didn't finish eatting them, thus sunflowers in my backyard. They are so pretty. I took some photos of them, just in case I might want to do something with them later on.
A couple of them a HUGE sunflowers. I was thinking of cutting them to bring them inside, but with all my cats around, I thought otherwise. I will admire the flowers from my window and it is good enough for me for now.

Have a nice work week, I am hoping to find some time tonight to play and do some blog challenges. Crossing my fingers.

Card Deeds:
Stamps: Sugar Nellie, (I forgot when the sentiment came from)
Inks: Momento Tuxedo Black, Colorbox chalk inks (forgot the colors); Copic sketch markers,
Paper: Gina K pure luxury white, Basic Grey - Sultry DP, PTI dark cholocate cs, My Mind's eye; DCWV lime cs
Accessories: prima flowers, brads, nestabilities circle & ovals, ribbons, crystal stickles

1 comment:

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Love that sassy little girl image. Cute combo of patterned papers, colors ribbons and flowers.

Your sunflower is beautiful. I'm guessing that you must live "down under" for you to be having summer flowers right now.