Monday, April 21, 2008

Baby Gift Card Holder

Happy Monday. I am home for today. Lay and Kutsu seems better, but still have runny nose. Still need to monitor them to make sure everything is ok. Finish running errands today and went to the public library to borrow some books. I have decided to use my public library again, its been awhile since I have been there. I need to use the resources that are available to me. Why buy books and waste money when I only read them once. The library is just so close to my house, so there isn't any excuse for me to not use my library.
Monday's new technique is to make a gift card holder, TLC165. I combined TLC165 with Gina K's April Release Challenge #2 (sketch) on SCS. The gift card holder turned out to be so CUTE. Jim and I are so behind in sending a gift to our friends who have their first baby in early February. I used Gina K's "How sweet it is", a Cause for a Cure set which the company donates a portion of the sale of this set to the diabetes foundations. Using my left over dp scrap paper which I have for over a year now. I stamped the image and sentiment with Brilliance Graphite Black ink and colored with prismacolor pencil and used the gamsol technique. Instead of using OMS, I used baby oil since it was ready available in my craft area. I used my clear copic spica pen to make the image glitter/shimmer. Wow, what a difference this pen makes. Love this pen! I have 4 other colors and still have to buy the other 8 colors. I putted dew drops on top of the baby blue velvet ribbon. The inside of the gift card is very simple, just added dp inside. This gift card was so easy to make.
TFL.


No comments: