Friday, April 25, 2008

Flower Butterfly

I was at Stamp Works yesterday to find inspiration, see Nic, and buy a few things. I wanted to do some quick cards that I can give in packs as gifts. Nic showed me a sample card she did in one of her make n' take and I totally have to CASE'D it. It was so easy and fast. I am thinking of donating my handmade cards to our local no kill cat policy shelter, "Hope for Cats" for them to sale to get some funding. This is where we adopted Shui Di and Rusty. We have been donating dry cat food and liter every week to help, but I thought this may bring in extra money for all the vet bills, foods, and liter expenses.

During this week's stamping, I found the Brilliance Graphite Black ink comes off the acrylic, mounted, and unmounted stamps so easy unlike the Stazon Black or Memories Black dye ink which I have to really scrub the stamp to get it clean and I have to clean it right away otherwise the stamp is stained. I have a few stamps that are stained because I was too lazy to clean it right away. Before, I usually use the Versafine Onyx Black or the Stazon Black, but now I am always reaching for the Brilliance Graphite Black. For fine detail stamps, I would still use the Versafine. This is my two cents.
Recipe:
Stamp: Stampendous "Flower Butterfly", See D's sentiments
Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black.
Paper: White and Scarlet Red cs
Accessories: prismacolor pencils, diamond stickles, odorless mineral spirits, paper piercer, mat, and grey souffle sakura pen

No comments: