Friday, May 2, 2008

Another Red, White, and Black

Happy Friday. I made this combining SCS Wednesday's sketch challenge (SC174) and Thursday's ways to use it challenge (WT164, All Ruffled Up). This card looks like the 2 way card below, but can't resist the faux cross stitching (done with my magic white pen) eventhough I did not use the paper piercer (too lazy). I made a mom's day card. I don't really like the pleats I made on the side, thus I added a ribbon to make it less noticable. Another Now, I need to make a few more mother's day cards to make. SCS Friday's Limited Supplies challenge (LS166, Spotlight on Circles). I love making circles. I definite do for this challenge. I only own circle punches, I really need to buy a curvy or other circle cutting machine, so cutting circles, ovals, and other shapes will be a breeze instead of the old fashion way which is trace and cut with scissors. I am over my crafting budget; wait, do I have a crafting budget, DH doesn't impose and doesn't know what I purchase except when the credit card bill comes and I need money to pay for the bill. I really need a paying job to feed my addiction.

Have a wonderful weekend. I feel like BBQing, but we don't even have a BBQ grill and our backyard is still bare except for the 8 palm trees and the weeds (trying to get it under control). Can you believe we have been living in our house for 3 years and still no backyard landscaping done and probably won't have it done for another 2 years. We did our front yard because the HOA requires us to do it and we didn't have it done until 6 months after we move in. I accept all donations to help speed up the process of getting my backyard landscaped. LOL


Recipe:
Stamps: Hero Arts and unknown clear acrylic "Happy Mother's Day"
Ink: Memories Black dye ink and Marvy Crimson Lake ink
Paper: White, Black, and Red cs and white tissue paper
Accessories: Marvy scalloped oval punches, ribbon, inkessential white pen, black pen, ribbon, red copic spica pen

No comments: