Thursday, May 1, 2008

Red, Black, and White

It's May already. Where did the time go? It is feeling like summer over in Arizona already. The weather is usually in the 90's right now. It's making me feel lazy, but this is month end, so I have a lot of entries to do for the clinic. I did this card 2 nights ago, but haven't have time to share. I am currently in love with the Faith Hofrichter's (aka markie's mom on SCS) use of white pen. I frequent Faith's blog a lot, she is so creative and does magic with the white pen. Look at all my faux stitching all done by a simple white pen. I have to do faux stitching because I don't have a sewing machine and I don't know how to sew. I took home ed like 17 years ago in junior high, so I have no idea. Hmm, should I invest in a small craft sewing machine or a heavy duty sew machine and learn how to sew for real? What do you guys think? I know everybody's mom probably has a sewing machine laying around. That reminds me of yesterday when I was at the clinic and Dr. Hinh asked me where I want to go on vacation. I told him vacation for me will be at my parents house, back in California, because my mom does everything for me and I don't have to worry about a thing except to get up and enjoy the day with my nieces, Audrey and Charolette and the rest of my family. I doesn't get any better than that.

Anyways, back to the card, this card is from Monday's SCS challenge, TLC166, Two Way Open card. It is actually an easy card to do. There is very little stamping involved on mycard. You can find the pattern for this card over at SCS. I used my cuttlebug swirl folder and butterfly embosser and die cut. The flower is from "Hot Off the Press" folding template. You just trace, cut, and fold to make it into a flower. I stamped dots on my flower with VersaMark. I added bling (acrylic gems) on my butterfly and a black big brad on the flower. I add a black photo corner holder with white brad on the corner to hold the card closed. Everything else is the done with the wonderful white pen, a little black pen for contrast. Love this tool right now! There is one more layer opening to this card which I didn't take a photo of which is to flip the white cardstock up.

I am almost finish with Wednesday's SCS challenge, SC174 (long card) and saw Thursday's SCS challenge, WT164, All Ruffled Up, thus I will be combining the two challenges. I should have this posted tomorrow if not later today if I have time to play. I need to do Mother's Day cards, any suggestions or ideas?

Got to get back to my boring work of data entries. Have a wonderful day and enjoy May.

No comments: