Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Think Pink... and Summer


Just made this quick card for today. I needed to play with the new toys I just bought. Monday's challenge on the Hero Arts Blog was to do something with the color pink. I just got my new swiss dots embossing folder (this folder is just so elegant and pretty) for my cuttlebug and I just couldn't wait to play. I didn't use any Hero Arts stamp on this card, but I will on the next card. Just wanted to do something pink and off course one of my favorite color combo is pink and brown. I pull out the JudiKins's Hibiscus stamp out. Hibiscus just reminds me of Hawaii and my family's first summer vacation trip to Hawaii. Doesn't everybody need a nice relaxing vacation away from our daily busy schedule. What a nice stamp to use right now as it feels like summer over here in Arizona.

I went to Michaels because they are 50% coupons for this week. I purchased some prima flowers, the Martha Stewart bird stamps (50% off), and some circle and square piercing templates as suggested by Melanie Muenchinger (a talented and out of the box creative artist) who got the idea from Jody Morrow (TexasJodyLynn on SCS, another talented lady). Since it was only a couple of bucks, why not make the investment and try it out. She is such an enabler and I just love her work. I will have to try this new toy on my next project.

I also got some stamps to use for Father's Day. I love this stamp for a long long time, but didn't want to buy it. Finally, broke down and purchased it. I just mail out my Mother's Day cards to my Mom off course and my two sister-in-laws whom are the sisters I never had. Sorry, I didn't get to make more cards to send to my wonderful and cherished family and friends. Have a wonderful Mother's Day to all the mothers, I should be back blogging before this Sunday. Hopefully, I will be a mother to a baby by next Mother's Day. Crossing my fingers, LOL. I guess I am a partial mother, I am a mom to my 4 cats. LOL. I think I should get a Mother's Day card also.

Recipe:
Stamp: JudiKins Hibiscus and See D's Phrase
Ink: Brillance Pearlescent Coral and Versafine Onyx Black
Paper: White, brown, and pink cs
Accessories: brown satin ribbon, white inkssential pen, black pen, red pen, cuttlebug, swiss dots embossing folder, scalloped circle punch, fiskar circle template, x'mas red stickles

No comments: